Flood Risk Management 2014
Practical Strategies to Better Assess Flood Risk and Effectively Prioritise Investment in Flood Protection and Mitigation
15% discount for IES members
Brownfield Briefing would like to invite you to participate and network at our premier conference dedicated to practical strategies for improved flood risk management on 1 October 2014. Developing a robust flood risk management strategy that enables you to better assess flood risk, and effectively prioritise investment in flood protection and mitigation, is more vital than ever before. This conference brings together experts and key industry players involved in all aspects of predicting and mapping flood risk as well as providing solutions and technologies to manage that risk.
Key issues to be explored at the conference
- How have the Environment Agency’s flood risk management activities changed?
- What are the water companies doing to improve flood risk management?
- What are the latest technologies for flood protection and mitigation?
- Have there been advances in flood risk prediction?
- Can flood risk data be used for optimum development design?
- What are the implication of the new Flood Re scheme?
- Robbie Craig, Policy Officer, Water & Flood Risk Management, DEFRA
- Jonathan Glerum, Flood Risk Manager, Anglian Water
- Councillor Lisa Brown, Chair, Egginton Parish Council
- Dr Stephen Garvin, Construction Director, Building Research Establishment
- Professor Brian Golding OBE, Research Fellow in Weather Impacts, Met Office
- Dr Neil Hunter, Head of Flood Modelling, JBA Consulting
- Dr Paul Ellis, Sustainability Director, ESI International
- Dr Justin Butler, Managing Director, Ambiental
- Hamish Hall, Senior Technical Director – Water, WSP
You can book your place online at brownfieldbriefing.com. Alternatively please call: 0208 969 1008 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the code: IES15.
Please note that Brownfield Briefing does not offer retrospective discounts to members that are already registered for this conference.