Notice is hereby given that the 44th Annual General Meeting of the Institution of Environmental Sciences will be held at Middlesex University, Hendon Campus, London NW4 4BT at 1.15pm on Monday 3rd April 2017, to consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolutions which will be proposed as ordinary or special resolutions as indicated below. The AGM will last approximately half an hour.
The Council have added a resolution to change our governing document to give a vote to Associate Members at future AGMs. We do not believe that denying a vote to these members is in keeping with a modern organisation. Giving Associate Members a right to vote allows the IES to represent its members more democratically. We believe increasing the rights of those early on in their career will foster new opportunities and provide a more united voice for the sector.
- To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 28th April 2016;
- To receive and adopt the 2016 Annual Report;
- To receive and adopt the accounts for the year ending 30th June 2016;
- To authorise the Council to appoint accountants for the financial year ending 30th June 2017; and
- To elect members of Council (Articles 26-30)
- To enfranchise Associate Members by amending Article 16 (1) to read:"Subject to Articles 3 and 14 and the next paragraph, each Fellow, Full Member and Associate Member, shall have one vote, except for Honorary Fellows and Honorary Members."
Relevant Documents to download
- The 2017 AGM Papers (docx) (includes notice, minutes of the last AGM and proxy voting form)
- Annual Report 2016
- Accounts for the year ending 30th June 2016 (pdf)
- Biographies of members standing for Council (pdf)
Please note that only subscribing Full Members and Fellows (and retired members who were previously those grades) can vote at the AGM.