Judy Ling Wong is UK Director of the Black Environment Network (BEN), which works to integrate environmental, social and cultural issues in the context of sustainable development. Through connecting mainstream organisations with urban-based ethnic minority communities, BEN enables them to engage with the environmental and heritage sectors. Judy has been involved with the Department for Culture, Media and Sport Historic Environment Executive Committee, ODPM Urban Green Spaces Task Force, National Trust Council for England and Wales, Wales Assembly Government Environmental Strategy Reference Group, Scottish Museums Council National Access and Learning Steering Group, and the IUCN/WCPA Task Force for Cities and Protected Areas. She is a Board Member of the Countryside and Community Research Institute, and in 1997 she was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts for her contribution to contemporary environmental thinking. She was awarded an OBE as part of the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2000 in recognition of her pioneering work in establishing ethnic environmental participation. In 2005, she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Gloucester. She received a CBE in the Birthday Honours 2007 for services to heritage.
Judy Ling Wong CBE OBE
Joining the IES helps your personal and professional development. Whatever stage you are at in your career, the IES has membership services that will help you gain recognition and progress to the next level. Members come from all areas of the environment sector, wherever jobs are underpinned by sound science. Your membership grade within the IES depends on what stage you are at in your career.
Membership provides an extensive package of benefits including:
- 4 journals, the environmental SCIENTIST, per annum
- Regional and national events
- Contribute to our policy and guidance work
- Chance to apply for Chartered Scientist, Chartered Environmentalist and Registered Environmental Technician
- Recognition of professional status
- CPD recording tools
- Use of post-nominal letters
- Access to our exclusive monthly webinars
- Regular reports on the environmental science sector
- Discount on meeting room rates at our central London office