What is REnvTech?
Who can become a REnvTech?
To be eligible for the REnvTech designation, you will need to have a minimum of:
- two years' full-time relevant work-based experience; and
- equivalent of a Level 3 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework of England, Wales and Northern Ireland (or equivalent knowledge through professional practice).
Candidates must also be an Affiliate, Associate or Full Member of the IES to apply. If you are not already a member, you can apply today.
REnvTech registration is available to environmental technicians at any stage of their career who are able to demonstrate that they meet all of the four key competences:
- Application of knowledge and understanding of the environment to further the aims of sustainability;
- Actively support sustainable management of the environment;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Personal commitment to professional standards, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment.
The registration fee includes the first REnvTech subscription fee, valid until the end of the calendar year. Reductions on the annual fee are available for members who are on a career break. Contact us for further details.
How to Apply
Joining the IES helps your personal and professional development. Wherever you are in your career, the IES has membership services that will help you gain recognition and progress to the next level.
- 4 journals per annum
- Regional and national events
- Chance to apply for Chartered Scientist, Chartered Environmentalist and Registered Environmental Technician
- Recognition of professional status
- Use of post-nominal letters
- CPD recording tools
- Access to our exclusive monthly webinars
- Regular reports on the environmental science sector