Helping you find a job
The IES runs two schemes to assist IES members currently looking for work in the field of environmental sciences:
- The ‘Into Work’ Scheme is for recent graduates who are starting out in the environmental sciences sector.
- The ‘Back to Work’ Scheme is dedicated to unemployed members who are looking for work in this field.
A number of services have been developed specifically for members of these schemes to support them in finding their chosen career.
Our career services
Visit our Youtube Channel, Work2SaveTheWorld to see 15 careers videos of people working in a diversity of jobs in the environmental sciences.
Joining the IES helps your personal and professional development. Wherever you are in your career, the IES has membership services that will help you gain recognition and progress to the next level.
- 4 journals per annum
- Regional and national events
- Chance to apply for Chartered Scientist and Chartered Environmentalist
- Recognition of professional status
- Use of post-nominal letters
- CPD recording tools
- Access to our exclusive monthly webinars
- Regular reports on the environmental science sector