The organisers would like to invite IES members to a landmark conference to play your part in shaping the future of our global food and farming systems.
On the 5th and 6th October 2017, Compassion in World Farming and WWF are hosting their first ever conference to explore the impact of livestock production on life on Earth, at Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London. As a professionals in a field crucial to these efforts, Compassion In World Farming is offering all IES members a 20% discount on entry to the conference. Just enter the code EXT9fy at checkout.
Global experts will present the case for change towards a food system that will enable wildlife to flourish, habitats to be enriched, animal wellbeing to be enhanced and our own health improved.
The Extinction and Livestock: moving to a flourishing food system for wildlife, farm animals and usconference is a unique opportunity for diverse stakeholders working on the future of food to come together to tackle key issues presented by producing food for an expanding population on a shrinking planet.
Bringing together diverse interests this event will act as a launch pad for future collaboration and solutions development. I do hope you will be able to join us and participate in these discussions.
Speakers from science, government, civil society and industry include:
- Raj Patel (award-winning academic, activist and author). Please see his interview at thewww.independent.co.uk for his views on the importance of the conference.
- Hans Herren (World Food Prize winner)
- Dr Hilal Elver (UN Special Rapporteur on the right to food)
- Professor Frank Hu (Harvard University School of Public Health)
- Jonathon Porritt CBE (Writer, broadcaster and co-founder of Forum for the Future).
You can view the full programme at www.extinctionconference.com