Air quality practitioners quantify the ecological impacts of air pollution, but rely on ecologists to assess the effects.
This event shall bring together the two professions in order to learn how each contributes to the overall process and to discuss how the assessments could be improved.
The meeting will raise the question ‘is new guidance required to assist our members?’
- Introduction: Dr Claire Holman, MIEnvSci MIAQM, Brook Cottage Consultants
- Ecological Assessment: Dr James Riley CEnv MCIEEM (URS), Ecologist, URS
- Quantification of the Air Quality Impacts: Dr Ben Marner, Air Quality Consultants
- Natural England’s View: Alastair Burn, Natural England
- The Regulator’s View: Kate Bayley MCIEEM, Environment Agency
Attendance is free for members of IAQM and CIEEM. Email Emma Fell if you would like to attend. Registration and refreshments will be at 13:30 with the talks commencing at 14:00.