The IES and ChangeAgents are now recruiting for the September 2013 placements to place graduate members in Environmental Science and Sustainability jobs around Europe through the Leonardo Mobility Programme.
We have partnered with Change Agents UK and host organisations across Europe to provide opportunities for graduates who are passionate about sustainability to boost their employability through professional development opportunities. The 2013-2015 Leonardo Programme is themed 'Green graduates for Sustainable Futures'.
As an official Leonardo Mobility partner we are able to send graduates on these fully-funded professional placements over the next two years. We've had fantastic feedback from our current and past Leonardo volunteers and we look forward to recruiting even more enthusiastic graduates for the next flow of placements starting in September 2013. The following placements are available with our host organisations:
16 week placements:
- Acoustic and Biodiversity Researcher – Spain
- Assistant Policy Officer – Brussels
- Audiovisual and Research Interns – Brussels
- Environmental Project Manager – Brussels
- Communications and GIS Officer – Brussels
- Communications Assistant – Brussels
- Policy and Project Internship – Brussels
- Environmental Projects Officer – Romania
- Energy Community Intern – Spain
12 week placements:
- Education and Sustainable Development Researcher – Austria
- Research Intern – Poland
- Environmental and Outdoor Educator – Czech Republic
- Sustainability Intern – Germany
- Education and Sustainability Officer – Portugal
- Sustainability Event and Workshop Facilitator - Norway
9 week placements:
- Sustainable Buildings Intern – Spain
Placements are fully funded by the Leonardo Mobility programme, as part of the EU Commission’s Life-Long Learning Programme. This means that travel, accommodation and living expenses for the full internship period will be covered.
Volunteers will gain an understanding of sustainability related projects in an international context, develop their employability skills and gain experience in areas ranging from community and international development, sustainable tourism, research, EU policy, sustainable construction, green energy and beyond. Participants will also boost their cultural understanding of the host country and enhance their language skills.
For more details about the scheme and to apply visit the ChangeAgents website.
Change Agents UK, will provide preparation training before departure, provide on-going support throughout the placement, engage each participant in post-project evaluation and provide opportunities for volunteers to receive official accreditation for their work. This is to ensure that all placements are geared towards volunteers’ professional development and that all participants have a really positive experience.
The deadline for submitting your application has now closed, the next available placements will begin in January and recruitment will start in October.
Small but important print about eligibility for the Leonardo programme:
- Candidates must be either British or EU citizens;
- Candidates must currently be residing in the UK;
- Candidates must have valid passports to travel during their placement; and
- Candidates must have completed their university degree before the beginning of the placements.