Whatever your background and expertise within air quality, membership of the IAQM Committee will help you to shape your Institute’s future. This is your chance to give something back to the air quality community, and to build your network and professional profile.
Membership of the IAQM Committee is agreed at the Annual General Meeting, which will be on 7th November 2018. Formal elections are not held, but applications are reviewed by several existing members of the Committee to ensure a good balance of committee members. The IAQM strives to ensure that equal opportunities are available to all sections of our community. All applications will be treated equally regardless of age, gender, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristics.
We particularly encourage high-calibre candidates from members who are at the middle stage of their career (say 10+ years’ experience) as well as those from BAME backgrounds and/or managing disabilities, as these groups are currently under-represented on the committee.
Members of the IAQM Committee
- Contribute to the strategic oversight of the Institute, including guidance, event planning and delivery, and other membership services;
- Are committed to the principle of collective responsibility;
- Engage actively with other Committee members and IES staff; and
- Act as ambassadors for the IAQM.
How to apply
Send the following to email@example.com by Monday 22nd October:
- a brief CV (1 page) summarising your experience; and
- a maximum of 50 words summarising what your main contribution/s to IAQM will be.
This Guidance was originally published by IAQM in 2012. In keeping with general IAQM principles, it is prudent to review such guidance after a period of time to ensure that it is up to date and still represents best practice. The amendments, which are tracked and explained in a change log at the beginning of the document, are primarily to reflect changes to other external documents and minor clarification changes.