Brownfield Briefing’s are hosting their annual Brownfield & Contaminated Land conference on 19th April 2018 in Belfast.
The event programme for this year has been fully re-researched and updated with Environmental Health Officers, Consultants and Regulators working in the risk assessment and remediation of contaminated land and groundwater on both sides of the border. This means it will bring you the most up-to-date information on important topics such as: managing contaminated land within revised planning frameworks; new contaminated land & groundwater risk assessment techniques; innovative remediation solutions and regional remediation and brownfield project case studies.
Packed with first-hand insights, practical case studies and valuable networking sessions, this conference will provide you with useful strategies to better understand and manage contamination risks and achieve successful brownfield remediation and development.
With practical insights and regional case studies from both sides of the border, delegates will benefit from the following sessions:
- Managing Brownfield Land as part of Local Development Planning – a Local Council perspective
- A Regulatory Update on Groundwater Risk Assessment
- Practically implementing the use of Bioaccessibility Testing to determine risks to human health
- Cost-Benefits of Continuous Risk Monitoring for Ground- Gases and VOCs
- Practical Strategies for dealing with Asbestos in soil when it is found on-site
- Effectively implementing good Waste Management practice on brownfield and construction projects
- Regional Remediation Project Case Studies
Full price: £440 (IES members: £374)
Second/third delegate: £247 / £187
Local authorities / academia: £147
IES members get 15% off with code IES18