This is a joint event between SoBRA/Geological Society & RemSoc
SoBRA are co-hosting an Early Careers Risk Assessment Workshop aimed at help early career professionals become better risk assessors. This workshop will provide early career professionals with the tools to be a better brownfield risk assessor in the context of geological knowledge and remedial needs. Talks and workshops presented by experts in each field will:
- Provide an overview of key risk assessment frameworks (human health from soil, asbestos, gas and vapours, and controlled waters);
- Develop understanding of the key factors that commonly drive our model projections;
- Explore how such model uncertainty may be reduced by good field practices, good site conceptualisation, and selection of appropriate criteria;
- Introduce potential Chartership and accreditation schemes; and finally
- Provide attendees with an opportunity to network with their peers and attain confidence in a workshop environment.