This jointly organised event to celebrate the significance of World Environment Day has brought together a number of the Society for the Environment's Licensed Bodies for a series of informative talks and discussions.
Together with its 24 Licenced Bodies, the Society is hosting an expert led conference on World Environment Day (5th June 2017), with an umbrella theme of ‘Innovation, Partnership and the Value of Nature’. This is an opportunity to discuss current issues and share expert knowledge with an audience from multiple sectors. A series of specialist speakers will provide insight into their respective fields, highlighting how their work is contributing to the underlying principles of World Environment Day.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Carolyn Roberts – Vice President of the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES)
- Dougal Driver – Fellow of Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and Vice Chair of the Society for the Environment
- David McHugh – Trustee of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- Dr Stephanie Wray – President of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental (CIEEM)
- Dr Peter Matthews CBE OBE – Former President of Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and Chair of Society for the Environment.
This free event will take place at One Birdcage Walk, London.
The conference is not only open to environmental professionals, but also welcomes aspiring environmental professionals looking to enhance their knowledge, with the added opportunity to discuss the routes available to becoming a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) or Registered Environmental Technician (REnvTech).