Prior to the pandemic, the Environment Agency Research Hub team ran an academic internship programme for three years, and this is restarting in 2023. The Environment Agency has six exciting full time paid internship opportunities which are being advertising on our Environment Agency recruitment system.
- The natural capital of catchment sensitive farming: development of a farm case study. More information and application procedure
- Analysis of air quality data for evaluating catchment sensitive farming. More information and application procedure
- Using stable isotopes in bioaccumulation assessment. More information and application procedure
- Increasing river water temperatures under climate change (two available internships). More information and application procedure
- Science communication and engagement: environment and health. More information and application procedure
Interns will making significant contributions to key work areas, gaining valuable work experience and some interns have even secured permanent positions with the Environment Agency. Ideal candidates who should apply for these positions are BSc, MSc and PhD students, and recent graduates.
The internships are full time, paid positions which will last for up to 16 weeks, starting in July and finishing by 31st October 2023.