We are looking for an advisor to support the Environment Agency’s regulation of stack emissions monitoring from industrial installations. You will be joining a team of advisors that specialise in emissions monitoring from industrial installations, operator self-monitoring, the Environment Agency’s Monitoring Certification Scheme (MCERTS) and its Operator Monitoring Assessment (OMA) scheme. You will work closely with internal directorates, front-line staff and external organisations. The purpose of this role is to provide knowledge, expertise and technical skills, as well as providing advice and support to others.
This is a highly technical role, providing technical support to others. Ideally, you will have developed your expertise carrying out stack emissions monitoring.
- Have an excellent understanding of stack emissions monitoring (ideally be MCERTS Level 2 certified);
- Have a good understanding of accreditation and certification applicable to stack emissions monitoring;
- Possess experience in providing technical advice to both specialists and non-specialists;
- Be a good communicator, who is comfortable presenting and training;
- Be able to produce technical documents to a high standard,
- Be able to work with a wide range of internal and external customers.
You will have a degree or equivalent in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline.
Closing date for submission of an application: 30 April 2023, 23:55 hours