Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC) Ltd are a leading environmental consultancy with over 150 staff positioned in 13 offices throughout the UK. We work on a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects in an international market place. Due to the continued growth of our air quality consultancy business, there is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant to join our head office in Salford Quays, Manchester.
You will be joining a busy and diverse team where projects range from small, single source dispersion modelling studies, through complex, multi-source industrial impact assessments to air quality impact assessments of major residential developments. Undertaking air quality assessments mainly in support of the land development and industrial sectors, you will be involved in all aspects of project management and client liaison and must have excellent communication skills, as well as technical proficiency and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree/masters level in a relevant environmental discipline from a UK university and have experience of dispersion modelling of roads and point sources. We are looking for an ambitious individual who can provide both technical and business input to the growing team. In return we can offer excellent prospects for rapid career progression and professional development.
We are ideally looking for an individual with at least two years air quality consultancy experience. However, the position is flexible and we are willing to consider applications from more senior professionals, as well as those just starting out in the air quality sector.
- Undertaking of Air Quality Assessments.
- Dispersion modelling.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports.
- Management of multiple projects.
- Production of quotes and tenders.
- Development of client relationships.
- Atmospheric science or environmental based degree.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- At least 2-years air quality consultancy experience.
- Able to manage own projects from initial proposal to final invoice.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for assessment of roads, industrial and dust emissions.
- Membership of relevant professional body (IAQM/IEMA).
- Experience of business development/marketing would be advantageous.
- As we work throughout the UK a full driving licence is required.
If you would like more information on the role, or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail, then please do not hesitate to contact us.