WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms, working with governments, businesses, architects and planners and providing integrated solutions across many disciplines.
The firm provides services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and its expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources.
It has approximately 15,000 employees, mainly engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, other design professionals, as well as various environmental experts, based in more than 300 offices, across 35 countries, on every continent.
WSP’s environmental experts are committed to finding solutions that make clients’ projects possible. We go beyond delivering services to finding ways for our clients to meet their objectives and meet their environmental obligations and aspirations.
We work on a wide range of projects in an international market place. Due to the continued growth of our air quality consultancy business, there is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant to join our head office in Chancery Lane, London.
You will be joining a busy and diverse team where projects range from small, single source dispersion modelling studies, through complex, multi-source industrial impact assessments to air quality impact assessments of major residential and transport infrastructure developments.
The successful candidate will be Degree / MSc qualified in a relevant environmental discipline from a UK university and have experience of dispersion modelling of roads and point sources using ADMS.
We can offer training and excellent prospects for rapid career progression and professional development.
The project workload will be varied and include transportation-related assessments, point source modelling, odour assessments as well as ambient air quality monitoring studies.
- Undertaking of Air Quality Assessments - Dispersion modelling – data analysis and interpretation
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports
- Assisting in the management of multiple projects
- Assisting in the production of quotes and tenders
- Liaise with both internal and external clients as well as partners and stakeholders (under supervision) to seek information and input data required for the air quality assessment work to be undertaken
- Work under the clear direction of others within the team
- Undertake site visits as required to deploy site specific monitoring surveys
- Processing of survey results and reporting
- Contribute to and assist in preparation of reports applying acceptable technical writing skills
- Atmospheric science or environmental based degree
- Minimum of 1 years of air quality consultancy experience in both industrial and transport air quality modelling in the UK market, with practical expertise in air quality modelling including use of ADMS, ADMS-Roads and DMRB
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient in data analysis and interpretation
- Good GIS skills, mainly ARCGIS
- Monitoring, including managing surveys
- Positive and proactive approach
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Full clean UK Driving License
- Membership of relevant professional body (IAQM / IEMA)