Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
In the UK Fichtner employ over 110 professionals and operate from Stockport, Greater Manchester. We are an award-winning business holding Investors in People Gold and have been recognised by the engagement experts at Best Companies' twice since 2014 as a ‘outstanding’ 2-star organisation.
We are looking for an environmental scientist/consultant with:
- A Master’s degree in Environmental Science or a closely related discipline;
- Good experience gained, post qualification, in technical consultancy environment or similar;
- A good understanding of environmental legislation and regulations relating to air quality;
- Experience in the use of dispersion models such as ADMS Roads, ADMS and/or AERMOD;
- Experience gained in planning and executing monitoring studies;
- Experience in producing and delivering high quality technical reports for clients;
- Professional communication & interpersonal skills;
- Able to work independently as required but also as part of a wider project team; and
- Full driving licence with the ability to travel on business in both the UK and also occasionally overseas.
What we offer:
A market leading package including a negotiable basic salary, car allowance, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, training and professional development opportunities, Company bonus scheme, flexible working hours and 25 days’ annual leave.