Redmore Environmental is a young and dynamic Air Quality Consultancy based in Manchester. Due to our growing workload, there is an exciting opportunity for an Air Quality Consultant to join the team.
You will be joining a specialist team covering all aspects of air quality and odour consultancy, from single source dispersion modelling studies, through complex, multi-source industrial impact assessments to ambient air quality monitoring for large scale residential schemes. Undertaking air quality and odour assessments mainly in support of the land development and industrial sectors, you will be involved in all aspects of project management and client liaison and must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail, as well as technical proficiency and commercial acumen.
Ideally you will have at least one to two years UK consultancy background, though we’d be delighted to hear from more or less experienced members of the air quality community. Our workload requires proficiency in the dispersion modelling of roads and point sources using ADMS, as well as project management responsibility in relation to seniority. We are also involved in pollution monitoring studies throughout the UK so knowledge of standard survey methods would be advantageous.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can provide both technical and commercial input into the growing air quality team, as well as the wider business. The role would suit an applicant wanting excellent prospects for rapid career progression, responsibility for both technical and commercial outputs, exposure to a wide range of projects and the opportunity to play a significant role in the way the business develops.
We believe that a positive working environment breeds productivity, meaning that an individual’s needs and opinions are always taken into consideration in order to allow the company to operate at its very best. Being a member of the Redmore team is a partnership which aims to ensure all staff are engaged in the company’s future and can share in the successes it brings.
- Undertaking of Air Quality and Odour Assessments.
- Dispersion modelling.
- Internal and external air quality monitoring.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports.
- Management of multiple projects.
- Production of quotes and tenders.
- Mentoring and technical support to junior staff.
- Atmospheric science or environmental based degree.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- At least 1-year air quality consultancy experience depending on grade applied for.
- Able to manage own projects from initial proposal to final invoice.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies for assessment of road vehicle, industrial and dust emissions.
- Membership of relevant professional body (IAQM/IEMA).
- As we work throughout the UK a full driving licence is required.
If you would like more information on the role, or would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail, then please do not hesitate to contact us. Alternatively, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to Jethro Redmore.