- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory company pension
- Standard Capita benefits
Job type: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Central London
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure are looking for an Air Quality Consultant to join our team in Central London. Your role will focus on taking data from air quality surveys, entering this data into our modelling systems and creating reports to then be presented to our clients relating to projects within traffic management and infrastructure. You will also assist with the management of a small team.
As our Air Quality Consultant you will have a grounding in our field of expertise. You will also have an affiliation with the IAQM. This is not an entry level role and requires experience within the sector.
- Relevant UK experience of Air Quality processes
- Experience of people management and operational reporting
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Experience of dispersion modelling such as ADMS-Roads and GIS
- Membership or Associate Member of the IAQM (Institute of Air Quality Management)
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions.
We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
- Deliver air quality and climate change projects
- Liaison with clients, and planning and regulatory bodies
- Initial site appraisals and consultation
- Supervise site visit and monitoring activities
- Relevant UK experience at a senior level
- Ability to work alone and within multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of dispersion modelling such as ADMS-Roads and GIS packages
- Experience of odour modelling
- Experience of carbon assessment
- Practical experience of passive and automatic air pollution monitoring
- Understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- An environmentally based degree or postgraduate degree, and
- Membership of the IAQM
What’s in it for you?
A generous basic salary and annual leave, contributory company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share ownership scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals. Our culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
We invest heavily in our people, recognising that our staff are our most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
All of this in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by sending a CV and Cover Letter to Neil Constable
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.