Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure is a large multidisciplinary consultancy currently looking to recruit an Air Quality Consultant to join our Air Quality & Climate Change Team. The role will assist to deliver all air quality and climate change projects. Projects are principally UK based and range from small dispersion modelling studies and monitoring programmes through to major residential, industrial and large infrastructure, environmental impact assessments.
About your team
We are a busy and growing group of environmental specialists who work on some of the largest and most complicated projects in the UK with a particular focus in London. We partner with the other divisions of Capita (Real Estate & Infrastructure) to ensure a long pipeline of work and more interestingly a good variety of projects.
We are based in central London (near Bank station.) in a large modern office which offers duel screen monitors and a comfortable working environment. You will spend most of your time in this office working with the team but you will also visit clients and attend meetings with your line manager. As standard we offer the flexibility to work from home when needed and of course you will be provided with a company laptop and phone.
At Capita you will have a great network of colleagues to provide a positive atmosphere to work in who also support you whilst you grow personally and professionally.
What you will do:
- Deliver air quality and climate change projects
- Liaison with clients, and planning and regulatory bodies
- Initial site appraisals and consultation
- Air quality monitoring activities
Your experience will include:
- Relevant UK Air Quality process experience
- Experience within multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of dispersion modelling such as ADMS-Roads and GIS packages
- Practical experience of passive and automatic air pollution monitoring
- Understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- An environmentally based degree or postgraduate degree and
- Membership or Associate membership of the IAQM
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.