We are seeking someone who is looking for a new challenge to further develop and grow an already successful Air Quality service in our company.
Are you an Air Quality Consultant who has at least 2 years relevant experience and needs a new challenge? Why not join us?
We are a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy seeking a Senior to Principal level Air Quality Consultant to further develop and grow our Air Quality services.
We expect the candidate will have at least 2 years technical experience before they are considered for the role, with a strong record in the successful delivery of air quality assessments to support the planning sector and preferably a good commercial background.
This role requires somebody who has an entrepreneurial mindset and looking for a platform to not only make a difference, but stamp their own identity onto an exciting environmental business. Therefore, the role not only needs somebody who is technically confident, but someone who is not afraid to guide clients through the challenges of overcoming technical problems from the moment a proposal is requested all the way through to delivering an actionable report that will get sites approval.
The candidate will also need to contribute to the development of the wider technical team and will be working closely with other disciplines to ensure that projects are delivered as effectively as possible, and resources and knowledge is shared. Our AQ projects are UK based and range from traffic modelling assessments through to major residential, industrial and infrastructure, environmental impact assessments. There may be an opportunity to grow and develop the AQ service range as offshoots from our core planning support focus.
We would expect the candidate to have an affiliation with the IAQM, either as a full member or on a route to full membership. We can continue to support you on your professional development where required.
Whilst the company’s base is The Historic Dockyard in Chatham, we are a company that serves clients nationally. We are therefore not fixed on seeking somebody who has to be necessarily based within regular commuting distance of Chatham for this role. However,it is a role that will require somebody who is prepared to travel and spend time with other team members either in Kent or elsewhere when required to ensure the smooth running, development and growth of both the Air Quality team and operational projects. Whilst having the ability to work from home (or site) has always been and will continue to remain an important part of our business model, we also believe that maintaining regular direct, non-virtual contact is a vital feature of preserving our culture. The role is flexible and open for either a full-time or part-time position with flexible working arrangements. If the candidate would like to apply for a part-time position, then we would be expecting them to be in the business at least three days a week to ensure operational effectiveness.
Our Culture and fit
We are looking for candidates who want to be an integral part of the progress of a dynamic growing company. In order to join our team, no matter how experienced, or at any level, it is important that you feel comfortable at Lustre Consulting and we would feel comfortable working with you. Part of interviewing with future colleagues, includes meeting and spending time with the entire team to ensure that it does feel like the right place to be.
Therefore, a candidate’s fit into Lustre Consulting is actually valued higher than their technical credentials, this is because our culture not only highly valued it is also strongly protected amongst the whole Team. It is essential that everyone who joins Lustre possess our core values, are self-propelled, and can show that they are clearly committed to our purpose of enabling our clients to create safe and compliant places to live and work.
Responsibilities & Key Performance Areas
The technical bar for somebody working as a Senior Consultant in Lustre is that they must have developed a well-rounded foresight for reasonably complex issues to be overcome within their sphere of expertise, confident with and have the capability to manage many situations with minimal intervention by their more senior colleagues. The Key Performance Areas for a Senior Consulting Role (any discipline) is provided below:
- A practical and well-rounded foresight for potential issues and effectively managing situations before they arise. Clearly proactive, less reactive.
- Technical competency based on high level of skill and understanding usually reflected in Chartership (or identical accreditation) or near Chartership status.
- Project Manager capable of overseeing several regular to mid-sized multidisciplinary projects and two to three strategic projects at any one time with minimal intervention depending on mastery. Can peer review select technical reports.
- Can delegate and co-ordinate high levels of workload. Able to clearly define important verses urgent (less important) tasks.
- Committed to maintaining effective working relationships and workflows amongst the team, suppliers and clients.
- Working as a Relationship Manager with at least several key clients and agents,building a solid technical and commercial reputation.
- Opportunity Manager on proposals with proven track record of awards.
- Commercially aware and growing as a Relationship Manager with trusted contacts.
- Supervising and mentoring project teams, ensuring strict application of workflows and systems that sustain Lustre “Way”.
The level of mastery and experience for a candidate’s role and responsibility described above will be used to determine the consultant grade and level of expectation. Somebody with several years experience will normally be Senior, and so the Candidate could be somebody who is currently Consultant Grade and seeking a promotion, if they can demonstrate a level of mastery. It is expected that as a minimum, this would include, but not be limited to:
- Relevant UK experience of Air Quality Assessments in planning and a broad range of other purposes, where relevant.
- Environmentally based degree or equivalent professional qualifications, ideally masters in specific field.
- Experience and track record of dispersion modelling such as ADMS-Roads (as a minimum) and GIS packages.
- Membership or Associate Member of the IAQM (Institute of Air Quality Management).
- Practical experience of passive and automatic air pollution monitoring (where possible).
- A thorough understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system.
- Excellent organisational and numerical skills with experience of managing your own workload.
- Excellent reporting, proposal skills and confidence to liaise directly with clients and regulators based on grade.
- A flexible and dynamic approach and for working in a growing team, able to work both in the office and remotely at home.
Lustre Consulting has been established for over 10 years and is now moving into a new phase of growth and development.
Successful candidates will be joining us at an exciting time. Our employees have the opportunity to influence the growth and long-term vision of the company.
Lustre Consulting is an equal opportunities employer who encourages and supports Continued Professional Development. We support all employees in gaining Chartership of their relevant professional institute and provide suitable training opportunities to do so that is regularly reviewed during quarterly 1-2-1s and on-going mentorship.
We pride ourselves on providing a professional and personable approach to Environmental Consultancy and recognise that this is largely due to ensuring we have a suitably trained, friendly and supportive team.