Ramboll are looking for an Air Quality Consultant to carry out technical tasks and play a key role within an air quality team as part of a larger integrated environmental group.
Education and Training
- BSc or MSc in Environmental Impact Assessment, or relevant subject.
- At least two years relevant experience within a consultancy or air quality related role.
- Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management would be ideal.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in undertaking air quality assessments, including baseline studies, assessment of road and point source emissions;
- Understanding of UK legislation, guidance and planning procedures with respect air quality management;
- Experience in the assessment and management of impacts from construction activities;
- Experience of dealing with clients, regulators and other professionals;
- Familiarity of air models including ADMS, AERMOD, and DMRB, and experience in the use of these models in air quality assessments;
- A good knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques, and experience in the use and management of equipment and manipulation and reporting of results;
- Knowledge of the issues and assessment methods for odour;
- Good report writing skills;
- Be computer literate with an ability to interpret and work with maps, plans etc.
- Undertaking desk based reviews of air quality planning policy, air quality review and assessment reports and other reports as required;
- Downloading, checking and summarising air quality data from a number of sources;
- Checking and manipulating traffic data and calculating emission factors;
- Producing figures in GIS;
- Identifying receptors and sources from mapping and other data and undertake housing counts;
- Reviewing construction information and undertaking assessments of dust impacts using appropriate guidance;
- Calculating and predicting air quality concentrations using models;
- To plan and undertake on-site survey and monitoring work;
- Authoring assessment reports, including EIA technical reports;
- Liaising with other members of a project team for example project managers and other discipline specialists;
- Liaising with clients, regulators and community groups;
- Assisting with scoping work and proposal writing;
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
Personality and Disposition
- Be able to use initiative and think innovatively;
- Have proven experience of effective working in a team;
- Be highly numerate;
- Be calm, confident, empathetic, and organised;
- Have a concern for the sustainability agenda.
- To be able to visit sites which may not have easy access
- To work outside normal business hours as survey or mitigation work requires.