ERM is seeking a talented Air Quality Consultant to join our team in the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strongly commercial outlook and technical expertise in atmospheric dispersion modelling, industrial air pollution control and air quality monitoring.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an Air Quality professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy. The UK based air quality team is a small team working alongside the wider European and Global teams. ERM has seven UK offices (Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Oxford and Swansea). Our preference is for the role to be based in Oxford though Swansea and Manchester are possible. The role will necessitate occasional travel in support of projects throughout the geographical remit of the UK–based team across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality issues for our clients and other project managers within ERM
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active role supporting the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- As part of a client-focussed team, develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Exceed client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality as a Project Manager
- Support the general growth and development of ERM’s global air quality and climate change services
- Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute air quality projects, including participating on teams comprised of Air Quality professionals from multiple offices around the global organisation
- Work towards achieving Chartered status with the support of the team
- BSc and preferably MSc in engineering (chemical, mechanical, environmental), environmental science, chemistry or related degree.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in technical consulting.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” skills.
- A good understanding of dispersion modelling (ADMS, AERMOD, CALPUFF) and the manipulation of model inputs and outputs
- Familiarity with the Industrial Emissions Directive and an appreciation of BAT is highly desirable
- Experience in Environmental Impact Assessment
- Knowledge and experience of ambient air quality monitoring
- A working knowledge of traffic emission impact assessments in line with current guidance would also be beneficial.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter including salary expectation.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.