Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career as an air quality consultant? We are seeking candidates for a range of positions, to join our growing Air Quality and Emissions team. The positions are permanent and are based in the UK.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, providing services for clients across a range of market sectors including transportation, cities, water, energy and defence.
The Air Quality and Emissions team within Atkins’ Water, Ground and Environment division is committed to providing specialist advice in connection with land development, transport and energy projects. Our work includes desk based air quality and dust impact assessments for planning applications, emissions calculations, dispersion modelling, air quality management plans, design of mitigation, field-based air quality surveys, specialist services for environmental permit applications and Environmental Impact Assessments, and technical advisory services including developing guidance and tools. We have a reputation for delivering technically demanding projects and innovative approaches, and work for a range of government departments, multi-national industrial clients, funding agencies and lenders, property developers, infrastructure contractors and regulatory authorities.
Atkins currently has 12 air quality consultants based in offices primarily in the South East “centre of excellence”. We operate across the UK and internationally, working closely with colleagues from other environmental and engineering disciplines, across all the markets that Atkins works in.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide technical support to the rest of the air quality team;
- Provide the air quality input to a varied range of projects across
- Undertake air quality surveys;
- Undertake air quality and dust impact assessments and reporting;
- Work within challenging deadlines and budgets;
- Provide support on bids and business development to help win work
- Manage their own time and workload in collaboration with other
- Continuously develop their technical and commercial skills;
- Work collaboratively as part of a wider team of other professionals (environmental scientists, engineers, planners) throughout Atkins to provide a consistent and integrated service to clients.
More senior candidates will of course have additional requirements commensurate to the role, including demonstrating relevant experience of winning and managing projects as well as line management of staff and their standing in their technical field.
If you think you are the right person to join our team and can demonstrate the qualifications and experience criteria above, then we look forward to hearing from you.