An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Air Quality Engineer to join our thriving Building Performance Engineering business in our central Bristol office, Merchants House BS1 4RW, a large multidisciplinary office overlooking the Bristol Harbourside.
The team has a diverse portfolio of work, typically delivered alongside a number of our other consultancy services. Recent projects include the assessment of a large energy centre in a busy city location, modelling pollutant concentrations at the façade of high profile high rise development and monitoring NO2 in rural Wales.
We are a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Construction Investing in Talent Awards (Best Place to Work). We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment. You can expect inspired, motivated colleagues who are keen to innovate!
What you need to bring to the team/ your role
We will expect you to be enthusiastic, industrious and hungry to learn with strong written, numeracy and verbal communication skills and a client-focussed approach to your work. A typical day will include:
- Undertaking air quality Impact Assessments involving road traffic, combustion, dust and odour emissions
- Air quality dispersion modelling and indoor and outdoor pollutant monitoring
- Report writing and contribution to Environmental Statement Preparation
- Liaising with local authorities
- Provide support to Environmental Permit applications
- Providing support for planning Appeals/Public Inquiries etc.
- Client liaison/business development
- Attending public consultation events
You will be expected to have
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant degree discipline
- IEMA/IAQM/IES membership and working towards Chartership
- Knowledge of legislative and planning framework
- Knowledge of dispersion modelling using models such as ADMS-Roads, AERMOD and ADMS 5 and automatic model generation would be advantageous
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Excellent numerical skills
- Familiarity with commonly applied air quality monitoring methods
- Competent user of GIS and Microsoft Excel
We are willing to consider early-career professionals as well as bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious graduates.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Hydrock is a multiple award-winning provider of engineering consultancy and specialist contracting services for construction, infrastructure and the environment, and is currently ranked in the top 30 of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For for the third consecutive year. Employing over 500 people in multiple locations around the UK, we continue to expand our private and public sector client base by both organic and acquisitive growth. With a pioneering spirit and a reputation for technical excellence, customer surveys show satisfaction levels of over 92% and staff retention is extremely high. We have a vibrant and friendly culture, and offer an extensive package of flexible benefits to suit your individual lifestyle and well-being.