Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for an Environmental Consultant specialising in Air Quality to join our Environmental Management team on a full-time basis based in Nottingham.
Working as part of an extremely busy team, you will be responsible for providing support to project managers on a range of environmental consultancy projects, with a specific focus on projects relating to air quality. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in this technical area together with exposure to clients and Regulators.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Undertake air quality assessments including data analysis, H1 screening assessments, air dispersion modelling, and factual/interpretative reporting.
- Conduct air quality impact assessments for use in permitting and compliance and prepare air quality chapters for Environmental and Social Impact Assessments of new developments.
- Work in related areas particularly the utilization and interpretation of meteorological data, odour assessments, landfill gas assessments, pollution inventory reporting, and climate change.
- Liaise professionally with Golder’s clients and Regulators to deliver successful outcomes to projects.
- Travel to project sites across the UK, including occasional work away from home, with the potential to work internationally supporting global projects overseas.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Relevant BSc in environmental sciences, physical geography, physics, meteorology or chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with people at different levels within an organisation.
- Proven ability in data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience of using air dispersion models such as AERMOD and or ADMS.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel, and ideally ArcGIS.
- Excellent time-management, time-keeping and organisational capabilities, and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Full clean UK driving licence and confidence to travel long-distances or on unknown roads
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is an Equal Opportunity Employer