Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. This includes our Landscape team, numbering over 50, working alongside other disciplines such as arboriculturalists, ecologists, planners, environmental scientists and archaeologists.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Air Quality Scientist - Consultant or Senior Consultant
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Responsibilities will include;
- Provide Air Quality consultancy services for a range of environmental projects for key public and private sector clients.
- Provide robust technical advice to clients on compliance with environmental regulations and issues related to Environmental Impact Assessment and Permitting.
- Work closely with clients’ technical specialists to incorporate detailed aspects of plant and process and scheme design within environmental assessments.
- Maintain our high quality of environmental deliverables whilst working within project budgets and timescales.
- Support, develop and maintain client relationship.
- Actively support business development activities.
- Work closely with our India team and UK team to develop capability.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team, including in UK and India.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science or engineering discipline.
- Relevant UK experience in Air Quality assessment work. This will include Air Quality Assessments for some or all of the following: industrial sites, road transport schemes and Local Air Quality Management.
- A track record of successful delivery of Air Quality projects to key public and private sector clients.
- Proven ability to work within large multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to conduct technical work within budgetary and time constraints.
- Ability to develop and follow safety procedures / method statements produced by both Jacobs and client organisations.
- An excellent understanding on relevant UK technical guidance including the DMRB, LAQM Technical Guidance and relevant documents from the IAQM and EPUK.
- Proven ability to use Air Quality models (such as ADMS, ADMS-Roads, ADMS Urban, Aermod, AirViro, CALROADS, CMAQ and CALPUFF).
- Must be a self-starter with the drive and ambition to take a project forward and the ability to work unsupervised at times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to undertake new challenges.
- Highly proficient in the use of standard office software (Word / Excel / Powerpoint).
- Experience working to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Candidates should have, or be working towards, chartered membership of a recognised professional institution.
- Detailed understanding of wider infrastructure and technical professional services business.
- Experience working across multiple business sectors.
- Ability to interpret environmental regulations and guidance.
- Experience of working on major road schemes.
- A track record in successful business development and /or the management of air quality teams.
- The candidate should be willing to work out of other Jacobs offices and at client sites in the UK as required
- A full UK driving license would be preferred.
- Able to develop Excel based spreadsheet solutions to efficiently manipulate large and complex datasets.
- Experience working with GIS packages and statistical software (such as the Openair package in R).
- An understanding of the output from traffic models and methods for manipulation
- Emergency First Aid Qualification.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.