Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Property Development, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced air quality practitioner due to high levels of workload across the UK. Working within the area of air quality, primarily in the property and infrastructure markets, the role will involve assisting the established air quality team in delivery of projects as well as business development. The role would ideally be based in London, Exeter, Southampton or Birmingham but other locations may be acceptable dependent on experience.
Key work areas include:
- Desk-based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Building and running of air dispersion models using GIS and other suitable platforms;
- Interpretation and analysis of results;
- Report writing and preparation of figures;
- Client handling and regulator consultation;
- Assisting with the preparation of fee proposals;
- Providing technical support to junior colleagues.
The successful candidate will have good GIS and analytical skills, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients. By the very nature of the work, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational skills, an eye for detail, and a willingness to undertake work away from the office occasionally.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Experience with using Air Dispersion Models (i.e. ADMS, ADMS Roads, Aermod)
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Experience in client handling and stakeholder/regulator consultation;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, geographical information systems (GIS)) to manage data, prepare figures, drawings and project programmes; and
- Ability to support junior members of staff.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline would be an advantage; and
- Full driving licence.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.