Hoare Lea are currently looking for two highly motivated Senior / Principal Air Quality consultants to join their growing air quality team to be based in their Manchester office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to work in a fast-paced environment and be an instrumental part in helping to develop the air quality team.
Hoare Lea are a highly successful multi-disciplinary international firm of building services consultants. With a focus on the built environment, their design-led service is supported by their commitment to innovation and engineering excellence. By looking at the building as a whole taking account of the wider environment they are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation.
What You’ll be Doing
Working as part of a project team, you will be responsible for elements of detailed design delivery and will be expected to take responsibility for your work. Taking briefs from the Team Leader and working under your own initiative in delivering elements of the designs for large and complex projects from inception to completion, as part of a team.
You will be working in a coordinated way with other junior team members, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth, developing new services areas and also with the day to day mentoring of junior staff members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing and taking briefs and delivering on air quality projects from inception to completion
- Able to work with and have an appreciation of the integration of other construction professionals’ requirements for the project
- Dispersion modelling using ADMS software packages – include ADMS Roads and ADMS 5
- Air quality assessment report writing, including for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
- Analysis of various data sets including road traffic and energy system information to assess projects
- Supporting more junior staff for onsite air quality monitoring
- Production of design advice documents to support ventilation strategies
- Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others
- Effectively managing and motivating colleagues within and outside of the HL team.
- Effectively delivering the required output
- Liaising with project team members and local authorities to agree approach and obtain the inputs needed for assessments
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team for design purposes.
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contactors/sub-contractors and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
- Attending and contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract
What we’re looking for
Qualifications and Memberships
- An achieved 2.1 or above in a Degree in engineering, science or maths.
- A postgraduate qualification in environmental sciences, technology, engineering or environmental policy, such as an MSc would be beneficial.
- Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM)
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in an air quality consultancy
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills
- Interpretation of air quality monitoring data
- Knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques and strategies
- Extensive experience of using air dispersion models, to include ADMS packages
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and positive individual with a flexible and resilient approach
- Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales.
- Able to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships at a project level for future business growth.
- Able to positively work as part of a team and motivate junior team members.
- Have an appreciation of fee cost control and resource planning.
About Hoare Lea
For over 150 years, we have been at the forefront of engineering design for the built environment. We specialise in mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) engineering, offering a full range of design services, and as an independent partnership, we’re the largest firm of consulting engineers of our kind in the UK. We’re focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas, and have an impressive project portfolio covering everything from simple feasibility studies to some of the biggest schemes in the world.
We stick to what we’re good at, and encourage all of our people to influence the way things are done. We’re large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth. We have high levels of employee retention because our people like working for us, and many of them are the most skilled and experienced in the industry.
Our long-established client relationships and reputation for quality mean that most of our business is repeat. We recently won the Collaborative Working Partnership Award in the 2017 CIBSE Building Performance Awards, and have been voted one of the top building services engineers to work with by ‘Building Design’ Magazine for the last two years. The positions are to be in our recently refurbished, centrally located Manchester office on the top floor of the grade II listed Royal Exchange Building.
Why Work For Us?
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Opportunities for career progression
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Due to the UK Government restricting the number of workers from outside the EEA coming to work in the UK, Hoare Lea are unfortunately unable to offer employment to individuals outside of the EEA, unless they already have the right to work in the UK. More information will be available at interview
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below: