For decades, CH2M has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work.
As part of a UK wide environment team we have exciting opportunities for air quality specialists to support the growth of our air quality services. The ideal candidates will be motivated and pragmatic individuals keen to rise to the challenge of supporting the growth of our air quality business. The positions will involve providing air quality inputs to large transport and other infrastructure projects at any phase of delivery including appraisal, design, construction and operation. To support our wider business growth the successful candidate will have a proven track record in UK highways air quality assessments (for senior roles) or relevant experience in atmospheric sciences (for junior roles).
The project work is diverse and will include transportation-related assessments, industrial point source modelling, odour assessments as well as ambient air quality monitoring studies. Responsibilities will be commensurate with the role but would generally include:
- Providing air quality inputs into large infrastructure projects.
- Undertaking dispersion modelling, data analysis and interpretation.
- Be a point of contact for project colleagues, client and stakeholders and work with them to achieve the best outcomes.
- Manage and delivery air quality monitoring where necessary.
- Review and write technical air quality reports and environmental impact assessment chapters.
- Develop air quality management strategies and mitigation plans where appropriate.
- Attend and present at meetings on behalf of the project.
- Collaboration with a wider team of environmental and transportation professionals.
- Senior staff to provide direction and mentoring for more junior air quality staff.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Atmospheric science or environmental based degree and IAQM/IES membership for senior roles.
- Likely to have extensive experience in an air quality role for senior roles and relevant academic or consultancy experience for junior roles.
- Masters graduates with relevant experience in atmospheric sciences and interest and enthusiasm in the role would also be considered.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficient in data analysis and interpretation.
- An understanding or experience of UK highways air quality guidance including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, WebTAG and associated methodologies and assessment criteria.
- Experience in monitoring surveys, including diffusion tube surveys would be preferable.
- Ideally specialist knowledge of dispersion modelling software including ADMS Roads and AERMOD.
- Working knowledge of GIS software such as ArcGIS.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Full driving license.
If you feel your skills and experience are a good match for our team and you relish the opportunity to be involved in some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the world, please apply now through our website. Applications to both senior and junior roles and for both Leeds and London locations can be made against the advertised Leeds position.