WSP is a world-class professional services firm with 14,500 staff in over 300 offices worldwide. We are a truly global multi discipline consultancy offering services to transform the built and natural environments.
We are growing, and with a strong forward work load the Environmental Planning team are seeking to recruit someone to lead in Air Quality in the central region. The Environmental planning team comprise of professionals who contribute to EIA and SIA reports, specifically the Central Air Quality team (Leeds/Manchester/Birmingham) supports a diverse range of projects across a number of sectors within the UK and international market for both private and public sector clients.
We pride ourselves on the integrated support we offer our clients by working within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver commercially balanced, innovative and integrated solutions.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for over-seeing the delivery and management of a range of Air Quality deliverables (technical, commercial and financial) in support of our client’s projects. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be office based; however, occasional field work may be required to support the field team during busy periods.
The role will also be to build and lead the Air Quality team within the central region both as a technical lead and line manager.
You will also be required to undertake business development by to engage with air quality regional business opportunities and further expand the Central team.
The Air Quality team is also recruiting for a senior consultant and a graduate + consultant in Birmingham and/or Manchester.
What’s in it for me?
- Join a global growing organisation
- Be an integral part in the continued success of the Environmental Planning team
- Work in an environment that encourages pride and passion in your work
- Act as a technical leader in a localised and national team of consultants
What we’re looking for:
- Experience gained within a professional consultancy, with sound knowledge and experience of Air Quality Impact Assessment.
- Someone who is enthusiastic, confident and motivated with excellent communication and project and people management skills.
- Good knowledge of ADMS Roads and 5 modelling requirements and procedures with experience essential;
- Strong knowledge of usage of ARCGIS;
- Solid understanding of the UK legislation, Policy and Guidance for air quality;
- Proven understanding of the EIA and planning system;
- Knowledge of the air quality review and assessment principles and methodology;
- Experience operating at management level including such responsibilities as project and financial management, scoping, estimating and tendering for work, managing and liaising with clients, stakeholders and contractors, leading, managing, mentoring and developing a team of air quality consultants and a strong focus on business development;
- An appropriate degree or equivalent, in a relevant science (e.g. environmental science, chemistry, atmospheric physics, mathematics) and a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. MSc Air Pollution Management, Atmospheric Physics, Environmental Technology) would be highly beneficial.