Join the Science Council as Chief Executive and lead us into the next stage of our development. This is a complex role which will present an exciting challenge to the right individual. We are looking for an outstanding candidate who has the potential to meet these challenges and use their experience and skills to tackle the complex environment within which we work.
Our strength and impact comes from our broad membership across the scientific disciplines and career stages. We are growing a vibrant and diverse professional body community to promote best practice in science, facilitate knowledge exchange and deepen the value that we provide by harnessing the sector’s collective knowledge and expertise to address topics of national and global concern. These are the core themes that run through our current strategy.
We are looking for a new Chief Executive who can build on the strong foundations put in place over the last few years. The successful candidate will have the vision to grow the Science Council into an increasingly respected, influential, and sustainable organisation.
Key responsibilities for the roles will include:
- a track record of successful senior-level leadership ideally within a professional or membership body;
- exceptional strategic, interpersonal and ambassadorial skills;
- proven experience in leading organisational growth, membership engagement, and driving income development;
- a strong commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial frame of mind;
- experience of delivering income diversification strategies and identifying strategic marketing opportunities;
- excellent communication skills, effective stakeholder engagement and partnership-development experience;
- a sound awareness of policy and public affairs is also desired and;
- an understanding of contemporary marketing approaches and commercial and income generation experience will therefore be highly advantageous.