Our Air Quality & Climate Change Team is headed by an experienced Business Unit Leader and comprises Principal, Senior and Junior consultants. Our new team members will work primarily on air quality monitoring and air quality assessments for infrastructure and property projects. This will include air quality monitoring, data processing and reporting, air pollutant dispersion modelling and the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The role will also support our growing portfolio of climate change projects that include GHG inventory/footprint production, GHG data verification for third parties, project level carbon data analysis and modelling, organisational and project level decarbonisation and net zero advice.
The successful candidates will be expected to work flexibly on both site and desk-based projects. They must be able to demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of clients, understand their needs, and translate these into presentable solutions.
Responsibilities for Consultants will include assisting with air quality and climate change assessments (including EIA) and air pollutant dispersion modelling, undertaking site visits to install, maintain and repair monitoring units, analyse and interpret data sets from various sources for use in assessment, and write technical reports. We would expect the Senior and Principal Consultants to manage and lead projects, contribute innovative ideas to complex analysis and technical advisory projects and oversee the work of junior consultants. The successful candidates will have to be comfortable applying their knowledge to new situations and developing their skills to address future challenges and needs of our business and clients.
We expect the successful candidates will:
- Have a degree in a relevant field;
- Have experience in working in consultancy or a related field – Principal Consultant minimum of 6 years, Senior Consultant minimum 4 years, Consultant minimum 2 years;
- Be familiar with the air quality requirements for EIA, air pollutant dispersion modelling, industry standard air quality monitoring techniques and data analysis;
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of environmental, air pollution and sustainability issues;
- Have a strong work ethic and be organised, flexible and motivated;
- Approach their work in a professional, enthusiastic and proactive manner.
Experience of the following is essential:
- Air quality monitoring;
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling, particularly ADMS;
- Arc-GIS or QGIS;
- Handling and analysis of data in MS Excel or other software packages such as R.;
- Environmental policy analysis;
- Client management and evidenced report writing.
The following aspects would be desirable:
- Understanding of carbon accounting, GHG inventory, footprinting or verification, carbon emissions modelling and climate change EIA inputs, use of appropriate Life Cycle Analysis software;
- A second degree in a similarly relevant field;
- Understanding of AQ health impact pathways and quantification;
- Business development and innovative ideas.
Consultants starting at £22,500 plus £3,500 London Weighting
Senior Consultants starting at £32,000 plus £3,500 London Weighting
Principal Consultants starting at £42,000 plus £3,500 London Weighting