This new post will manage the Institution’s growing education and continuous professional development work. We are seeking an individual passionate about academic and professional training, who understands the vital role professional bodies play in supporting lifelong learning.
You will seek to deepen our existing affiliations with our academic partners and forge new relationships. In this quickly growing organisation, you’ll have responsibility from ‘day one’, so you must be confident and able to learn quickly.
You will have a keen eye for detail and thrive on helping others achieve their goals. Relishing a varied work day, you will need to be highly flexible and motivated and be able to fit into the friendly and collaborative culture of the office.
About the IES
The IES is a charitable organisation which promotes and raises public awareness of environmental science. We activate our global network of leading education institutions, researchers, professionals, and policy makers to stand up for science, scientist and for the natural world
Education & CPD
- Manage our HE & FE institutional membership scheme, promoting membership to new universities and developing our membership services
- Proactively seek out and engage with potential leads, projects and policy in the education sector
- Engage with critical agendas for the environmental education sector, such as employability, student recruitment and inclusion and provide guidance and support to our members in navigating these challenges
- Interact regularly with our current and potential student membership, devising new methods for engaging them in our work and supporting them through their academic journey and transition into professional work.
- Promote and oversee our degree programme accreditation scheme
- Oversee and develop the Institution’s career services for graduates and members seeking work
- Manage the IAQM’s short course endorsement scheme
- Develop and manage an IES CPD endorsement scheme
- Oversee and further develop the IES Membership CPD requirements
- Advise on opportunities for new training programmes
- Provide support to members applying for Registers, including pre-application advice and post-application review
- Oversee the Chartership Mentoring Scheme and develop a mentoring scheme for our new Technician Register
- Use feedback from assessments and reviews of applications to continuously improve our guidance for applicants
- Manage data returns to Registration Authorities, ensure adherence with external regulations, and ensure we are in the best position to be successful in external audits.
- Use experiences of the registration process to advise on marketing and promotion of the registers
- Provide quality assurance of our application and assessment processes, establishing appropriate internal audit mechanisms and procedures
- Deliver regular training and support to ensure that there are sufficient assessors, judging applications to a high standard
This is a multi-skilled position and we recognise that no candidate is likely to have all the desirable skills.
About the role
The position is full time. The initial contract will be for one year, with the possibility of extending. Interviews will take place on Friday 18th January with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Why work for us?
At the IES, we know that the secret of a successful professional body is the quality of the people behind the membership services.
Our small, inclusive team work collaboratively with one another, as well as our fantastic trustees, members and partner organisations, to fulfil our mission of advocating for science and the environment.
With a good list of employee benefits and a social calendar connected to the office, we are sure you will enjoy the culture of working at the IES. We care about nurturing your career development with individualised professional development plans and a separate budget that you can spend on your learning.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an individual wanting to start their career with a real impact.