Engineer/Senior Engineer Air Quality Consultant
As part of its extensive range of specialist service offerings Hoare Lea provides consultancy in Air Quality. Due to continued growth in this area we are presently seeking to expand our Air Quality team. We are therefore seeking a highly motivated Air Quality Consultant Engineer or Senior Engineer to join our existing team, either in our Manchester or London offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who is keen to work in a fast paced but rewarding environment. The successful candidate will be encouraged not just to be part of the already successful Air Quality team, but will be equally encouraged to actively assist in its further development.
Hoare Lea are a highly successful multi-disciplinary international firm of Consulting Engineers. With a focus on the built environment, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and engineering excellence.
We are known for excellence in providing the design for some of the most prestigious developments in the country. As part of this we set up our Air Quality service as being a key factor in offering not only the people who use the development a healthy and comfortable environment in which to thrive, but also to ensure that neighbours and others in the wider environment are able to enjoy the area.
Our broad range of projects include hotels, performance venues, leisure facilities, schools, health care facilities and residential properties across the whole of the United Kingdom.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the air quality team with us you will apply the knowledge and skills learned to date to work on exciting and varied projects, whilst continuing to further develop yourself and career with our training scheme and our day to day mentoring.
Providing high quality advice for our clients is central to the role. As part of the team you will undertake air quality assessments for new developments and advise our in-house energy specialists and mechanical engineers on design issues as part of a collaborative approach.
Ensuring a holistic approach to the delivery of building designs that help Hoare Lea Air Quality stand out as a technically outstanding, reliable and professional service provider will be an important part of every day work. You will also be working in a coordinated way with other professionals, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth with responsibilities including:
- At a senior level you will be managing, motivating and promoting air quality to colleagues within and outside of the Hoare Lea team, or working towards this at a junior level.
- Taking briefs and delivering on air quality projects from inception to completion.
- Able to work with and have an appreciation of the integration of other construction professionals’ requirements for projects.
- Dispersion modelling using ADMS software packages and interrogative analysis of data.
- Air quality assessment report writing, including for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs).
- Production of tailored design advice documents taking advantages of the wealth of knowledges and experience across Hoare Lea.
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team.
- At a senior level attending and actively contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract and post-contract meetings to bring real value
- Providing information through presentations and innovative ways to assist the design team in better understanding and taking account of air quality within any project
- Effectively delivering the required output to meet timescales agreed with the Team Leader/Executive Engineer.
What we’re looking for
Qualifications and Memberships:
- A Degree in a relevant subject (for example engineering, science, geography or maths).
- A postgraduate qualification in environmental sciences, technology, engineering or environmental policy, such as an MSc would be advantageous.
- A member, or working towards membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (MIAQM).
Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for a minimum of one years’ previous work experience in an air quality consultancy role for the junior role and ideally four years for senior applicants.
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with good organisational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques and strategies.
- Extensive experience of using air dispersion models, such as ADMS packages.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- A friendly, ambitious and positive individual with a flexible and resilient approach.
- Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales.
- Able to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships at a project level for future business growth.
- Able to positively work as part of a team.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive starting salary.
- Professional development training scheme.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Fantastic opportunity to be actively involved in the development of an evolving service.
- Market leading benefits package.
- Working on exciting projects from day one.
- Exposure to variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients.
- Active support towards further professional accreditation.
- Be part of a supportive team of air quality engineers.
How To Apply…It’s Simple
Please complete our application form and attach a copy of your CV via our website.
Application closing date: 13th November 2015