Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants, and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Consultant specialising in air quality in either Edinburgh, Newcastle, Glasgow or Belfast.
The ideal person will have a strong commercial outlook and technical expertise across infrastructure, dispersion modeling as well as industrial air pollution, and air quality monitoring.
- You will support the delivery of air quality projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Provide technical air quality assessments and reports;
- Help to support with business development and preparation of proposals to win new work;
- Contribute to the delivery of projects both on time and also to budget and
- Using your previous experience, you will provide high-quality consultancy and advisory support to our clients.
You will join the 18 strong existing air quality professionals across the UK, but sit within a growing regional Climate and Sustainability Services portfolio team with diverse backgrounds in the environment, ecology, landscape, water, climate, and more in the vanguard of sustainable development and transformational change. The team delivers a varied and impactful portfolio of projects in many market sectors including energy, water, cities, transport, and property. Our core team of environmental specialists sits within the wider national portfolio of over 450 environmental professionals globally. We work at scales ranging across national, sectoral, city, organization, program, and asset levels, helping clients manage the risks and opportunities in the environment.
Skills/experience Required For The Role
- Experience in delivering air quality assessments for a wide range of schemes and sectors with a background in technical consulting;
- An understanding of relevant industry software including ADMS or Aermod and the manipulation of inputs and outputs;
- Proficient in data analysis with outstanding GIS skills including ArcGIS or MapInfo;
- Knowledge and experience of air quality monitoring techniques;
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Permitting and
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Different people, shared values.
At Arup, we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. At Arup, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. Our internal employee networks - BAME, Culture, Disability, LGBTQ+ and Women - provide a space for you to express your views and to make a positive difference - discover more about life at Arup here.
At Arup, we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best throughout your application.
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply, and we will discuss how this could work in your role.