Hann Tucker Associates has been a leading independent acoustics, noise and vibration consultancy since 1971. Over the last twenty years our Environmental Monitoring portfolio has expanded dramatically with growing market demand.
We currently have a large number of specialised noise, vibration, dust and emissions sensors deployed across the UK and Europe monitoring activities such as demolition and construction. Our equipment provides a continuous and live stream of data to our web portal known as HT Cloud. In addition to the HT Cloud, our equipment also enables us to provide our Clients with facilities such as bespoke websites, alerts and reporting. This data is of vital importance to our Clients with increased environmental pressures locally, nationally and globally.
In recent years we have begun expansion of a dedicated Environmental Monitoring Team to oversee our growing project and client base in this sector. We are now looking to appoint a further dedicated Environmental Monitoring Technician as part of our ongoing commitment to growth and excellence in this field.
About the role
The Environmental Monitoring Technician will work alongside the Environmental Monitoring Team undertaking all associated activities required to fulfil on-site environmental monitoring. This shall include, but is not limited to, the setup and calibration of equipment in the office, travelling to and from sites either in the UK or abroad, installation and decommissioning of monitoring equipment, arranging and undertaking site visits to diagnose instrument faults and carrying out repairs and calibrations as required, regular liaison with Clients, setup and maintenance of HT Cloud websites and preparation of technical reports.
- Setup and calibration of monitoring equipment prior to deployment;
- Ensuring that environmental monitoring units on site are connecting to the HT Cloud web portal. This will involve some site visits, liaison with Clients and manufacturers;
- Setup and maintenance of HT Cloud websites;
- Full use and understanding of Hann Tucker and manufacturer alerting system;
- Installation and decommissioning of monitoring equipment from site;
- Management of data usage for all remote units;
- Equipment stock levels and booking management;
- Ongoing calibration and maintenance of all environmental monitoring equipment;
- Assessment and management of repairs associated with equipment;
- Attendance at Environmental Monitoring Team meetings;
- Regular Client liaison, initially alongside senior team members;
- Responsible for ensuring deadlines are met.
- Should be highly motivated, self-confident and adaptable with a solution orientated approach;
- A high level of communication, oral and written skills;
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently;
- Confident with technology/computers;
- Familiar with Excel, Word and confident with data manipulation and presentation;
- Ability to work in a safe manner and observe the company’s health, safety and environment rules and procedures as well as any site rules and procedures;
- Hold a suitable, full UK drivers licence;
- An interest in the control and management of noise, vibration and dust pollution/emissions, which may be via an Environmental Science/Acoustics based degree;
- Air quality and/or dust monitoring experience;
- A background in acoustics, vibration or dust monitoring would be an advantage but appropriate training will be given to successful applicants;
- A familiarity with environmental monitoring equipment would be an advantage but appropriate training will be given to successful applicants;
- Basic electrical repair skills, which may include soldering.
Successful applicants can expect a competitive basic salary and appropriate training where required. A company pool car and all required personal protective equipment shall be available as required.