The IES is a charitable organisation which promotes and raises public awareness of environmental science. We activate our global network of leading education institutions, researchers, professionals, and policy makers to stand up for science, scientist and for the natural world. You can learn more about us by exploring our website.
This is an exciting time to join this small and rapidly growing charity.
Main Purpose of the Post
We are looking for a dynamic and multi-talented Events & Marketing professional to deliver engaging communications and marketing campaigns for our busy events calendar. You will manage all aspects of our events from conception to completion, and lead on all marketing activity to increase engagement, generate revenue and engage new audiences to attend our highly regarded events. You will be a bright and confident individual, experienced in a range of digital marketing tools with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Relishing a varied workday and the chance to engage with a wide range of environmental topics, you will need to be highly organised, motivated and able to fit into the collaborative culture of the office.
- Maintain systems to interact with, and learn from, staff, committees, communities and members. Combine this intel with an awareness of developing issues within the sector, to curate a programme of events that adequately reflects the make-up and interests of our members and engages with emerging topics
- Ensure continuous improvement and evolution of the events and webinar programme, utilising technology to deliver innovative virtual and physical events
- Manage all events from conception to completion, setting, communicating and fulfilling project timelines
- Forecast event income, expenditure and associated risks, and deliver events within agreed budgets
- Develop contacts, ensure good working relationships, and drive revenue growth or cost savings with venues, speakers, exhibitors and external suppliers
- Work with other staff to ensure that they are aware of and engaged with upcoming events and that appropriate links are maintained between your work and the publications, policy and marketing functions
- Maintain the online events resources library and seek opportunities to drive revenue through these assets
- Onsite management of logistics and operations at events to ensure they run smoothly
Marketing & communications
- Create and deliver the events marketing strategy, including using innovative marketing channels to target new audiences (both within and outside of our membership) and devise appropriate mediums and messages to reach them
- Maintain and develop LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media channels for both lead-generation and branding purposes
- Be responsible for implementing innovative and effective digital marketing campaign plans on time and within budget
- Organise appropriate sponsorship, exhibitors and co-badging of events
- Conduct post event analysis, analyse metrics, and use data to improve campaign performance and implement appropriate feedback mechanisms to troubleshoot and continuously improve events and digital marketing campaigns
- Work with other organisations to cross-promote events
- Deliver and facilitate occasional CPD training and workshops and represent the IES at external events
- Line management of the Events Assistant
- Ad hoc office tasks as determined by the CEO
This is a multi-skilled position and we recognise that no candidate is likely to have all the desirable skills.
|Essential (all IES roles)||Desirable (all IES roles)|
|Essential (role-specific)||Desirable (role-specific)|
About the Role
The position is full time. Interviews will take place on the 21st and/or 22nd December 2020, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Why work for us?
At the IES, we know that the secret of a successful professional body is the quality of the people behind the membership services.
Our small, inclusive team work collaboratively with one another, as well as our fantastic trustees, members and partner organisations, to fulfill our mission of advocating for science and the environment.
With a good list of employee benefits and a social calendar connected to the office, we are sure you will enjoy the culture of working at the IES. We care about nurturing your career development with individualised professional development plans and a separate budget that you can spend on your learning.