The appointment is part-time from 1 August 2022 and normally for three years. Gresham Professors present a series of six one-hour lectures each academic year. They also fully participate in college life, attending the Academic Board, being active in promotion and outreach, attending social events and acting as ambassadors for the college.
Applicants should submit:
- A statement in the form of a letter explaining your suitability for the role as against the information and criteria specified in the Job Description and Person Specification, as well as details of the proposed lecture series.
- A Curriculum Vitae of not more than five pages. Anything above this limit will not be submitted to the panel. CVs submitted without an accompanying statement as outlined in point 1 above will not be considered.
- A list of proposed titles and abstracts for the first year’s 6 lectures (as for a submission of abstract for conference proceedings, c 200-250 words), plus an outline for the following two years (6 further lectures per year) to show the coherence of your programme.
- A weblink to a lecture presented by you on the internet, to demonstrate your outstanding communication skills appealing to both specialist and non-specialist alike.
- Indication of any social media presence you currently have eg Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, or that you are willing to use (not essential).
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Submission of a Recruitment Monitoring form. This can be completed here: https://forms.gle/Yub9dCSGgvYHcLhC7
- Applications should be sent to Dr M. Clare Loughlin-Chow (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post to Gresham College, Barnard's Inn Hall, Holborn, London EC1N 2HH.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9.30am on Monday 25 October 2021. Interviews will be held in London on Monday 22 November 2021