TRC Companies, a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a international engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets.
TRC is seeking a Geo-environmental / Geotechnical Consultant to join the UK team.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experienced in the delivery of high-quality site investigation services. The candidate will be experienced in supervising exploratory drilling, trial pitting, soil logging, environmental sampling and monitoring. They will be experienced in data handling, analysis and report writing and would be looking to further their career in complex site investigation, remediation and project management duties.
TRC's UK business is a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in a business that thrives on teamwork.
- Performing Phase I non-intrusive walkovers, audits and desktop assessments
- Safe delivery of site investigations on brownfield sites, both active and vacant
- Supervision of specialist subcontractors – drilling companies and plant operators
- Geological logging, performing field testing and gathering field data during investigations
- Sampling of soils, groundwater and ground gases
- Environmental monitoring
- Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills
- Support the tendering team in preparing proposals and site investigation specifications
- Manage tasks and projects
- Apply quality assurance and quality control processes
- Diligent and accurate data gathering
- Travel throughout the UK to support our clients needs. Overseas travel may also be possible as TRC UK has a number of Clients and projects in Europe
- Relevant scientific background in Geology, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Geological Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering
- Must have 1-2 years of relevant environmental consulting experience
- Experience in the delivery of site investigations and supervision of subcontractors
- Strong safety background including CSCS card
- Soil logging experience
- Experienced in the use of field equipment – PID, gas analyser, interface probes, hand shear vane etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Valid driving license (with no major violations)
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Experience in earthworks and remediation projects;
- Experience of using computer aided drawing software and geotechnical data management software
- Experience in environmental risk assessment – human health and controlled waters
- Experience in Project Management – TRC training will be provided to any future candidate;
- Safety qualifications / training – use of CAT and genny, CITB Site Supervisor, asbestos awareness etc.
The package will be tailored to suit the individual depending on level of experience. TRC offers competitive compensation and a market leading benefits package including healthcare provision, travel insurance and pension plan.
This role offers career growth for those looking to take their technical experience forward and move into Project Management.
The role will be based in either London or Manchester. We welcome applications from candidates seeking a part time or full time role.