ADAS presents an outstanding opportunity for an air quality consultant.
Business Unit: DBU/Environment
Team: EIA & Air Quality
Contract Type: Permanent
Reports to: Principal Air Quality Consultant
To undertake air dispersion modelling studies and to contribute to wider air quality consultancy activities in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment, where much of the work relates to the waste, agriculture and manufacturing industries.
The successful candidate will join a team of multi-disciplinary professionals who work closely together to deliver profitable projects with a strong focus on Town & Country Planning, Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Permitting.
- Carry out air dispersion modeling studies using standard modelling packages (e.g. ADMS Roads, ADMS and DMRB), interpret results and write reports.
- Undertake site sampling and monitoring activities, primarily in relation to air, odour and bioaerosol emissions.
- Assist in the preparation of air quality assessments and monitoring reports `
- Consult with clients, third parties and regulators.
- Carry out desk studies and data analysis.
- Take responsibility for maintenance and availability of the team’s bioaerosol and odour sampling equipment (dependent on location).
Sales & Business Development:
- Support colleagues in the winning of new business through the preparation of quotes, sales material, and market research.
- Contribute to repeat business with existing clients through provision of a high quality professional service and by client relationship building.
- Create and maintain productive working relationships across the team, Business Unit and ADAS Group.
- Role will require flexible working with regard to type of work, time and location. Ability and willingness to travel will be a key requirement.
- Plan and undertake air related site sampling and monitoring activities in accordance with UK recognised protocols and ADAS procedures (guidance and training will be provided). Correctly assemble and manage the necessary equipment, and carry out all work in a timely and flexible manner.
- Carry out air dispersion modeling studies using standard programs accurately following the guidance and protocols provided.
- Prepare air quality monitoring and modelling reports compliant with legislation and the needs of the project and client. Undertake data analysis and desk studies to the required timescales.
- Carry out consultations with clients, third parties and regulators, accurately gathering information through the most effective means of communication.
- Contribute to team sales through supporting senior colleagues in preparation of tenders, proposals and building good client relationships.
- Carry out all work in a timely, positive and flexible manner, occasionally alone and on challenging sites, including some overnight stays.
- Good knowledge and understanding of air quality modelling techniques and of the regulatory framework relating to air, odours and emissions.
- Physically able to set up monitoring equipment and the practical aptitude to operate and maintain sampling equipment in the field
- A full driving licence.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary, confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK and identifying how you meet the job criteria. Applications to be sent to Helen Devine, ADAS UK Ltd, 16 Eastway Business Village, Olivers Place, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9WT, Tel 01772 706224, or email DBU by 9.00 am on Tuesday 27th May 2014.
Interviews will be held on Friday 13th June at our Wolverhampton office, candidates must be available on this date.
If you require further information on the post, please contact Helen Devine
Direct applications only please, no applications from recruitment agencies.