TRC is an environment, energy and infrastructure consultancy with over 4,000 technical professionals and support staff located at more than 120 offices throughout the US, the UK, China and Canada. Established in the US during the 1960s, TRC provides integrated services to a broad range of clients with a global footprint.
The London team is seeking a graduate to join the rapidly growing air quality and acoustics practice. The successful candidate will have a strong academic background in environmental sciences, atmospheric sciences, engineering or similar scientific discipline. They should be passionate about the environment, self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work within an exciting, rapidly growing business environment. They will be involved in all aspects of project delivery for our property sector and corporate clients. Typical projects include air quality assessments and air dispersion modelling studies typically to support planning applications and industrial permits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking air quality assessments to support planning applications and industrial permits.
- Undertaking emission inventories for transport and industrial sources.
- Using atmospheric dispersion modelling software to predict impacts of air emissions on local air quality.
- Data assessment and report writing.
Required Qualifications And Skills
- Master's degree in an environmental/atmospheric sciences or engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of the UK and European air quality legislative framework and guidance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, writing, and presenting skills.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, ArcInfo).
- Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel.
- Understanding of the UK planning system and/or UK industrial permitting system.
- Knowledge of atmospheric dispersion models (e.g. ADMS-Roads, ADMS-5, AERMOD, CALINE or CALPUFF).
- Experience of fieldwork, including air emissions and dust monitoring.
This opportunity is open to direct applicants only.