ADAS exists to provide ideas, specialist knowledge and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment.
With over 65 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural development sectors.
Our Air Quality team has market-leading expertise in atmospheric emissions and work extensively with waste management, development and local authority clients to assist with the management of air quality issues arising through the planning, permitting and regulatory processes. We are recruiting for a graduate consultant to join this team of highly respected professionals.
The post is suitable for a recent graduate who has a practical aptitude, a willingness to carry out fieldwork, good numerical skills and an academic qualification in a relevant discipline. The post sits within a larger integrated environmental consultancy business and there may be some opportunities to work across other areas depending on the successful candidate’s skills and interests.
As a result of our success in this area, we require a practical Graduate Environmental Consultant to deliver a varied range of air quality based consultancy projects in a fast moving, client-focused commercial environment.
This will involve:
- Undertaking fieldwork at client premises, mainly in the areas of odour and bioaerosol measurement.
- Maintaining fieldwork schedules and carrying out actions necessary to prepare for monitoring work, such as maintaining equipment, completing risk assessment documentation and liaising with client personnel.
- Managing fieldwork data and preparing interpretive reports for clients.
- Assisting colleagues with wider air quality consultancy duties including report writing, air dispersion modelling, collating background data and consulting with regulators and third parties.
- Supporting sales and marketing activities as requested, including drafting fee proposals, preparing cost schedules, carrying out client research and assisting with website maintenance.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a strong academic background in a relevant environment related science or engineering discipline, preferably with a strong component of practical, field based work.
- Be able to assist with the delivery of contracts, helping to ensure that work is delivered on time, within budget, to the required standards and meets the client’s satisfaction.
- Be able to produce concise technical reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Have a flexible, positive mind-set and a willingness to work flexibly in terms of location and working hours on occasions to meet client expectation.
- Have a high level of knowledge of the natural environment and the UK regulatory and policy regimes.
- A full driving licence will be required.
What do we offer?
- Salary in the range of £20,008 to £22,231
- 25 days annual leave per year, increasing to 30 days at 5 years’ service plus bank and public holidays
- A pension scheme to which the company contributes
- Ill-health income protection insurance
- Excellent continual professional development and career progression opportunities,
- A range of other staff and family friendly benefits
- ADAS was winner of the “Best Environmental Consultancy to Work for” awards two years running
- ADAS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary (if relevant), confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 16 Eastway Business Village, Olivers Place, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9WT, Tel 01772 706209 or email DBU.email@example.com by 9.00 a.m. on Friday 21st October 2016. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
For more information about ADAS visit www.adas.uk