Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy with particular specialisation in transport, utilities, property and environmental solutions. With approximately 4,300 people across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia, we offer clients the benefit of global expertise coupled with local knowledge to benefit their projects and stakeholders.
Our environmental practice in the UK comprises over 250 staff and we are presently working on some of the largest civil engineering infrastructure, urban regeneration and transport projects in the UK. We cover a number of sub-disciplines including ecology, landscape architecture, air quality, acoustics, sustainability and geosciences.
We have a vacancy in our Warrington office and you will be part of the Environmental Assessment Team, which undertakes a broad range of environmental assessment projects, including environmental impact assessments, construction management and other environmental advice, for a mixture of private and public sector clients and strategic environmental assessments,
Current projects include environmental work on high profile infrastructure and land development projects such as the Manchester Smart Motorway, Feeder 9 River Humber Pipeline Replacement Project, River Crossings for Transport for London, Bicester EcoTown, the A487 Porthmadog Bypass and various rail projects including Crossrail. We also deliver a large number of air quality assessments for major infrastructure projects in the Middle East.
We have a large portfolio of projects to deliver and therefore we are looking to grow our air quality team that forms part of the Environmental Assessment Team. To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Environmental Science / Air Quality Degree
Essential Experience / Attributes:
- Demonstrable post-qualified experience of undertaking air quality assessments would be an advantage
- Experience in air quality modelling software packages would be desirable
- Experience in using GIS software, such as MapInfo
- Experience of undertaking air quality monitoring would be an advantage
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent map reading skills
- Highly motivated and committed
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail
- Good team player with excellent time management skills
- A full UK driving licence
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Air Quality Team Leader, you will be you will be required to work on a range of air quality projects and bids. You will be expected to undertake site monitoring surveys as well as undertaking the assessments for a range of development types.
You will assist in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Hyder’s services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking air quality assessments
- Undertaking air quality and other environmental monitoring surveys across the UK
- Data analysis, manipulation and interpretation
- Preparation of technical reports
- Modelling using air quality modelling software
- Assisting with the preparation of air quality proposals, bids and marketing material
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
Key competencies / Values:
- Client focus – differentiating through tailored skills and depth of client understanding
- Excellence – striving for excellence, recognising that excellence is defined by our clients
- Trust – building and retaining relationships of trust with our clients, colleagues and business partners
- Teamwork – working together as a team for the Group, not just the individual
- Responsibility – taking responsibility for our performance and our safety
- People - we create the environment for people to realise their potential
Applying could not be easier, please visit our website and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.