This post will be responsible for delivering the smooth running of IES operations and developing membership services and income streams that support the evolution and growth of the Institution. We are seeking an experienced professional who is passionate about project management and committed to establishing, elevating and championing evidence-based environmental science.
You will seek to develop our existing services and source new initiatives which boost income growth, member satisfaction and operational efficiency. In this quickly growing organisation, you’ll have responsibility from ‘day one’, so you must be confident and able to learn quickly.
You will be highly organised with a keen eye for process improvement. Relishing a varied work day, you will need to be highly flexible and motivated and be able to fit into the friendly and collaborative culture of the office.
About the IES
The IES is a charitable organisation which promotes and raises public awareness of environmental science. We activate our global network of leading education institutions, researchers, professionals, and policy makers to stand up for science, scientists and for the natural world.
- Develop, implement and document performance against Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Security and Data Protection policies;
- Further develop the Institution's Diversity, Equality & Inclusion policies, setting targets and putting in place appropriate programmes of work;
- Oversee adherence to internal policies and report any breaches to the CEO or Chair;
- Act as the Data Protection Officer;
- Contribute to the maintenance of the risk register, ensuring appropriate insurance and mitigations are put in place;
- Provide independent investigation of any complaints from members regarding organisational performance; and
- Produce work place plans with other members of staff, and provide ongoing project management and monitoring to ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with the organisational strategy
- Seek to develop existing and new services for members, as evidenced by appropriate market research;
- Identify, scope and implement new income streams to support the development and growth of the Institution;
- Foster appropriate external partnerships to further the organisation's strategic aims;
- Promote a culture of membership and income growth across the organisation; and
- Spearhead the digital transformation and automation of the Institution through implementation of the digital roadmap, managing external contractors and suppliers to deliver milestones on time and in budget
This is a multi-skilled position and we recognise that no candidate is likely to have all the desirable skills.
About the Role
The position is full time. The initial contract will be for one year, with the likelihood of extending. Additional benefits include 25 days holiday, personal development budget, travel loan, flexible working and more.
How to Apply
Please send a CV, cover letter (stating "why us and why you?") and equal opportunities monitoring form to Chloe Fletcher by Monday 26th August.
Interviews will take place between Wednesday 28th August to Monday 2nd September with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Why work for us?
At the IES, we know that the secret of a successful professional body is the quality of the people behind the membership services. Our small, inclusive team work collaboratively with one another, as well as our fantastic trustees, members and partner organisations, to fulfil our mission of advocating for science and the environment.
With a good list of employee benefits and a social calendar connected to the office, we are sure you will enjoy the culture of working at the IES. We care about nurturing your career development with individualised professional development plans and a separate budget that you can spend on your learning. This is a brilliant opportunity for an individual wanting fo a career with a real impact.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Chloe Fletcher via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +44 (0)20 3862 7484.