The IES is a charitable organisation which promotes and raises public awareness of environmental science by supporting professional scientists and academics working in this crucial arena. You can learn more about us by exploring our website.
Main purpose of the post
We need a multi-talented Office Administrator to ensure the promotion and maintenance of excellent membership care, who fits with the friendly and collaborative culture of the office. We are a small team with a flat hierarchy and a fast pace of work. Our office is located in the heart of London.
- Deal with incoming emails, post and telephone enquiries from members
- Act as the first point of contact for potential and existing members, suppliers and external contacts
- Coordinate and implement office procedures
- Provide administrative support for meetings and events, including minute taking
- Handle distribution and archiving of membership and office records
- Promote and maintain excellent levels of membership care
- Raise and process invoices, purchase orders and transactions, and reconcile credit card payments
- Book travel and accommodation for staff and trustees
- Maintain stock levels of office supplies
- Manage incoming job advert bookings and upload to the website
- Ad hoc office duties
Knowledge and experience
|English and Maths to GCSE Grade C or equivalent||1-2 years of workplace experience in small charity|
|Administrative/secretarial experience including the maintaining of office systems||Experience of using membership databases|
|Demonstrable experience dealing with the public, and handling sensitive and confidential information||Experience of supporting internal meetings|
Skills and competences
|Good all round office and IT skills, particularly MS Office, Gmail and Google Calendar||Flexible approach, able to use own initiative|
|Excellent organisational skills, with a strong attention to detail||Experience of using membership databases|
|Ability to organise and prioritise own workload||Experience of using accountancy software|
|Good written standard with the ability to write in a professional tone|
|Good telephone manner|
|Demonstrable self sufficiency and motivation|
About the role
The position is for 16 hours per week, to be undertaken as two 8-hour days. The initial contract will be for six months (subject to a two month probation period) with the possibility of extending. Interviews will take place on the Tuesday 6th March with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send a CV, cover letter (stating “why us and why you”) and equal opportunities monitoring form (ensuring the latter does not have your name in the title or anywhere within) to Chloe Fletcher.
The IES aim to ensure meetings, events and communications are accessible to all. If you anticipate needing any type of assistance to apply for this role, including attendance to an interview, please email Chloe Fletcher or call +44 (0)20 7601 1920 to speak in person.