About the IES
The IES is a charitable organisation which promotes and raises public awareness of environmental science by supporting professional scientists and academics working in this crucial arena. You can learn more about us by exploring our website.
Main purpose of the post
We are seeking a multi-talented Office Administrator to ensure the promotion and maintenance of excellent membership care, who fits with the friendly and collaborative culture of the office. We are a small team (nine) with a flat hierarchy and a fast pace of work. Our office is located in the heart of London.
- Deal with incoming emails, post and telephone enquiries
- Act as the first point of contact for potential and existing members, suppliers and external contacts
- Coordinate, implement and improve office procedures
- Provide administrative support for meetings and events including minute writing and managing our room hire facility
- Handle documents, digitising and archiving of membership and office records, and the management of members’ documents
- Maintain and update contact records and electronic and postal mailings
- Promote and maintain excellent levels of membership care
- Raise and process invoices and purchase orders, deal with payments and reconcile credit card payments
- Book travel and accommodation for staff and trustees
- Maintain stock levels of office supplies
- Manage job advert bookings and upload to the website
- Ensure that personal data is managed in accordance with GDPR
- Ad hoc office duties
Due to the current circumstances around COVID-19 the position holder will need to have access to a computer and a good internet connection during work hours. When located in the office the required equipment is provided.
|Knowledge and experience|
|Skills and competences|
About the role
The position is for 16 hours per week, over two days (Monday to Friday). This is a shared post so the working days will vary from week-to-week so some flexibility is required. The initial contract will be for six months (subject to a two-month probation period) with the possibility of extending. Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom on Friday 17th July with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please email a CV, cover letter (stating “why us and why you”) and equal opportunities monitoring form (doc.) (ensuring the latter does not have your name in the title or anywhere within) to Lisa Abbott by 5pm on the 8th July 2020. Applications without a personalised cover letter will not be considered.
The IES aim to ensure meetings, events and communications are accessible to all. If you anticipate needing any type of assistance to apply for this role, please email Lisa Abbott or call +44 (0)20 3862 7484