The IES is a professional body with its membership representing the full spectrum of environmental sciences, spanning fields as diverse as air quality, land condition and marine and coastal science – wherever you find environmental work underpinned by science.
We aim to unite science and people to resolve environmental challenges and to create and sustain a knowledgeable, skilled, diverse, and trusted environmental profession engaged in the transformation to a sustainable society.
Main purpose of the post
We are seeking a multi-talented Office Administrator to ensure the promotion and maintenance of excellent membership care, who fits with the friendly and collaborative culture of the office. We are a small team with a flat hierarchy and a fast pace of work. Our office is located in the heart of London.
- Deal with incoming emails, post and telephone enquiries
- Act as the first point of contact for potential and existing members, suppliers and external contacts
- Coordinate, implement and improve office procedures
- Provide administrative support for meetings and events including minute writing and managing our room hire facility
- Handle documents, digitise and archive membership and office records, and manage members’ documents
- Maintain and update contact records and electronic and postal mailings
- Promote and maintain excellent levels of membership care
- Raise and process invoices and purchase orders, deal with payments and reconcile credit card payments
- Book travel and accommodation for staff and trustees
- Maintain stock levels of office supplies
- Manage job advert bookings and upload to the website
- Ensure that personal data is managed in accordance with GDPR
- Ad hoc office duties
|Knowledge and experience|
|Skills and competences|
About the role
The position is for 16 hours per week, over two days (Monday to Friday). This is a shared post and the working day will vary from week-to-week so flexibility is required. Occasional overtime may be available on mutual agreement and paid at the normal rate. The position is permanent but subject to a two-month probation period. Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom on the week commencing 7th November, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and short Covering Letter explaining your motivation for applying and briefly addressing the essential and applicable desirable criteria for the role (up to 500 words) to email@example.com. We also ask you to complete an optional Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring form (docx); this does not form any part of the selection process but is used to help us monitor the effectiveness of our policy. Please submit before Noon on Monday 31st October.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The IES aim to ensure meetings, events and communications are accessible to all. If you anticipate needing any type of assistance to apply for this role, please email Joseph Lewis or call +44 (0)20 3862 7484