The IES is a professional body with its membership representing the full spectrum of environmental sciences, spanning fields as diverse as air quality, land condition and marine and coastal science – wherever you find environmental work underpinned by science.
We aim to unite science and people to resolve environmental challenges and to create and sustain a knowledgeable, skilled, diverse, and trusted environmental profession engaged in the transformation to a sustainable society.
Main Purpose of the Post
As a Personal Assistant (PA) to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the CEO in their day-to-day activities and ensuring the smooth operation of their schedule. This is a part-time position, requiring an average of three hours of work each weekday (willing to discuss flexibility as to when these hours are worked, but a total of 15 hours per week are needed), with remote working arrangements available.
- Diary management: efficiently manage the CEO's calendar, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements, while proactively identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Email correspondence: handle and respond to incoming emails on behalf of the CEO, prioritising and flagging important messages, and ensuring timely and appropriate responses.
- Meeting preparation: prepare and organise necessary documents, presentations, and reports for meetings, ensuring all materials are accurate, professional, and provided in a timely manner.
- Note-taking and minutes preparation: attend meetings, take comprehensive notes, and accurately transcribe meeting minutes. Prepare detailed minutes and distribute them promptly to all participants.
- Liaison and coordination: at times, act as a liaison between the CEO and other members of the organisation, as well as external parties, maintaining effective communication and facilitating smooth collaboration.
- Expense management: assist the CEO in managing their expenses, including tracking receipts, preparing expense reports, and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Administration: assisting the CEO with the preparation of documents, administration associated with accounting and banking and other administrative tasks.
About the Role
The position is part time, and is permanent subject to a three-month probation period. Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom on the week commencing 26th June, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit a CV and short Covering Letter to Adam Donnan, explaining your motivation for applying and briefly addressing the essential and applicable desirable criteria for the role (up to 500 words). We also ask you to complete an optional Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring form; this does not form any part of the selection process but is used to help us monitor the effectiveness of our policy. Please submit before Noon on Monday 19th June.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The IES aims to ensure meetings, events and communications are accessible to all. If you anticipate needing any type of assistance to apply for this role, please email Adam Donnan or call +44 (0)20 3862 7484.
Why work for us?
At the IES, we know that the secret of a successful professional body is the quality of the people behind the membership services.
Our small, inclusive team work collaboratively with one another, as well as our fantastic trustees, members and partner organisations, to fulfil our mission of advocating for science and the environment.
With an inclusive and intellectually stimulating workplace, we are sure you will enjoy the culture of working at the IES. We care about nurturing your career development with individualised professional development plans.