WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources.
We have approximately 31,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.
We are looking to grow the Air Quality team through the appointment of a senior/principal air quality consultant. The individual needs to be technically proficient in several areas of air quality modelling, monitoring, permitting, climate change, human health risk assessment and/or impact assessment Applicants with skills and experience in business development and commercial management would be welcomed but this is not essential.
Working within the Air Quality team, the primary function and duties would include all the following
- Dispersion modelling using a variety of software such as ADMS, ADMS-Roads, Aermod, Calpuff, EDMS
- Designing and implementing ambient and indoor air quality monitoring plans including both passive and automatic techniques
- Odour assessments
- Human health risk assessments and health impact assessments
- Research and development relating to emerging air quality issues, monitoring and assessment techniques
- Support bids by contributing to submissions and identify new opportunities
- Project management to budget, programme and scope
- Supervise/direct/mentor juniors
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Proven reputation/profile for delivery and technical excellence in their field
- Solid technical background with strong numerical skills
- Significant environmental consultancy experience ideally with an engineering consultancy
- Ability to work with teams without conflict
- Strong individual performance evidence
- A first degree in a Science or Maths based subject (or similar) will be required and ideally other post graduate environmental qualifications. Professional membership is expected.
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Ability to write clear, concise reports/proposals
- Driving licence